timber slabs kitchen bench tops guaranteed
- We guarantee your timber slab, Sunshine Coast produced, is dry and delivered door to door Australia wide.
- Produced to the highest quality standards, our timber kitchen benchtops come in a wide range of Australian wood and colours to suit any residential home or commercial site.
- Wooden benchtops are the perfect solution for kitchens, bathrooms, bar tops and reception stations. If you are thinking about slab timber, a benchtop or furniture you need dry wood.
Kiln drying kills borers, air drying does not.
Timber dining tablesSolid timber dining tables are one of our most sought after items year round at Fab Slabs. We make every dining table to suit your needs
Timber furniture For Sale
Below are some items ready for sale. If you don’t see it here, please just ask and we can make it for you.
P: (07) 5472 8555 | E:
Blue Gum outdoor setting - $2499 Setting includes 8 seater table, 2 long bench seats with backs, 2 shorter bench seats without backs all finished with 3 generous coats of marine grade satin poly.
Modern Camphor laurel coffee table finished - $499 Lots more
What Fab Slabs Timber makes?
- Our specialty - amazing kitchen bench tops, island benches and vanity tops
- Rustic bars and bar stools
- Dining tables and chairs
- Beds and bedroom settings
- Solid timber display surfboards (these make awesome down light features)
- Bush mirrors
- TV and display units
- Outdoor settings and bench seats
- Coffee tables and stump tables
Cutting boards /chopping blocks
What fab slabs timber does
- We mill and kiln dry all our own timber on the Sunshine Coast. This way we can control the quality and moisture content of every slab. What's the latest?
We manufacture awesome kitchen bench tops, vanity tops and custom made quality furniture.
Check our photos pages for examples.
For those people who already have their own timber slabs we dress timber to a highly polished finish (this is fairly inexpensive) and can repair cracked and damaged slabs in most cases.
How does Fab Slabs select our timber slabs?
Why you should buy kiln dried timber· Kiln drying kills borers, air drying does not
· Kiln drying stabilises the timber and prevents it from cracking, twisting, warping, cupping and going mouldy.
· Dry timber = stable timber
· A common misconception - "The tree has been dead for years the slabs must be dry". The truth - logs / trees on the Sunshine Coast will never dry out enough for the timber to be considered dry enough for any furniture making at all. Not even close to being dry.
Wet timber can and probably will
· Go mouldy, crack, twist and warp.
What makes our timber better?
- We mill all our own timber
- We kiln dry all our own timber to ensure a dry and stable product
- We test the moisture content of every slab to ensure stability
- We have hundreds of slabs to choose from
What makes us better than our competitors?
- We use only kiln dried, stable timber that we have milled and kiln dried ourselves
- Work is completed by a qualified cabinet maker to a professional standard. You don't get your finished item until we are 100% happy with the job.
- We only use quality products and finishes so the product you get will still look great in years to come.
- We communicate regularly with our clients and let them know the time frame for completing their job
- We have the right equipment for the job
- We can do as much or as little as you want. We can sell you a slab, dress it or turn timber slabs into a finished product.
- Caloundra City Council
- Deco Bar and Grill - Mooloolaba
- Pete Luckett Vineyards - Nova Scotia
- Tribes Restaurant – Dubai
- Ribs and Rumps – Dubai
- Houghtons Winery - Western Australia
- The Herdsman - Western Australia
- Freshwater Bar and Grill - Noosa
- Saisfied customers Australia wide: (Door to door delivery)
- Blue Gum
- Camphor Laurel
- Lemon scented Gum
- Rose gum
- White Gum
- Brush Box
- Silky Oak
- Grey Gum
- Jarrah - We import this from Western Australia