Fab Slabs was voted best outdoor display: Wood Expo
What's New? - February 2008
We have only just recovered from our Christmas rush and have worked through a number of jobs since the new year. Now it's time to start creating some new master pieces for the up coming Maleney Wood Show in May.
Fab Slabs was voted best outdoor display at the 2005 and 2006 (there was no show in 2007) Wood Expo for our huge range of hand crafted timber furniture, photo and timber displays and massive range of kiln dried timber slabs. Our furniture range included stylish timber framed mirrors, bedroom settings including a bed, bedside tables, camphor chest and matching mirror all from the same tree, coffee tables and outdoor settings, a huge range of bars and stools, a dining table, bread boards and more. This year promises to be bigger and better!
What have we done this year? To name a few...
- We have completed the boardroom tables for Aramac Shire Council. It is solid, kiln dried blue gum timber slabs with natural edges. This has been one of our biggest jobs yet and it looks absolutely awesome.
- We have created a massive camphor laurel counter front for Redlands Chiropractic Clinic. A real natural masterpiece which really brightens up the room and gives a feeling of real warmth.
- Another massive kiln dried camphor slab from the same tree was made into a computer desk and sent to Cooroy. I was lucky to get that out the door - my wife saw it and wanted it!
- We have turned some beautiful blackbutt slabs (that we milled for a Nambour family years ago) into a sensational, solid, slab timber kitchen benchtop for a new house in Townsville.
- A outdoor table made from some of the cleanest (free of knots and gum veins) kiln dried blackbutt we have ever seen went to a house in Yandina and a blue gum dining table went to Brisbane.
- We have been working on conjunction with John Wood from Eumundi originals (a well renowned local cabinetmaker) to create some awesome blackbutt bench tops for a house in Roma.
- We have also worked once again with our friend Phil Street (a local builder) to supply some kiln dried blackbutt solid timber benches for a house near Kin Kin.
We are pretty well booked out for late March already so get in quick if you want to enquire or place an order.
We have a few more kitchens to finish, a bedroom setting, a boardroom table, more breadboards to make for our retail outlets at many IGA 's (new supplier at IGA Beerwah), get ready for the wood show and hopefully have time to catch a fish or have a game of golf.
What's New at Fab Slabs Timber
Site Map | Contact Us |
Natural timber benchtops kitchen trends Australia | Bathroom Vanity Kitchen Australia | Slab timber benches Canberra and other design treats | Kitchen Benches Brisbane | Mossman Luthier Crafts Timber Furniture | Family Homes Kitchen Benches Australian Timber | February 2015 | July 2014 | March 2014 | November 2013 | September 2013 | June 2013 | May 2013 | March 2013 | June 2012 | April 2012 | November 2011 | August 2011 | June 2011 | April 2011 | November 2010 | September 2010 | July 2010 | June 2010 | April 2010 | January 2010 | October 2009 | May 2009 | March 2009 | Christmas 2008 | October 2008 | August 2008 | July 2008 | May 2008 | February 2008 | December 2007 | November 2007
P: (07) 5472 8555
Rick: 0408 560 400
Paul: 0415 811 905