Why use timber cutting boards?
Camphor Laurel Cutting Boards
You may have seen a lot of cooking shows in the past few years and if you look closely you will see most of the well renowned chefs using wooden cutting boards (also known as timber cutting boards, wooden chopping boards, bread boards etc). We have steered away from calling them bread boards as this leads people to believe you can only cut bread on them which just isn’t correct.
So, why do celebrity chefs use timber cutting boards?
1. Timber cutting boards are easy on knives.
2. You will keep a knife sharper for longer on a timber cutting board
3. Timber cutting boards (in particular camphor laurel timber cutting boards) have been University tested to be naturally and permanently antibacterial.
4. Timber cutting boards look great
5. Timber cutting boards are extremely durable. Personally I have had a number my timber cutting boards for over 6 years and it still looks great. Even though we sell hundreds of brand new timber cutting boards every week my wife is very happy with the camphor laurel cutting boards she has a home. Maybe one day she’ll ask me for a replacement??
6. Timber cutting boards are suitable for all foods.
So what type of timber cutting board is best?1. As I already mentioned kiln dried camphor laurel timber cutting boards have been proven to be more antibacterial than other timbers.
2. Camphor laurel timber cutting boards made by Fab Slabs are made from a single piece of timber and are not laminated like other timber cutting boards on the market.
3. Fab Slabs cutting boards are easy on knives and suitable for all food types
So there you have it. Call them chopping boards, cutting boards, wooden cutting boards or timber cutting boards it really doesn’t matter. What matters is that Fab Slabs cutting boards are naturally and permanently antibacterial, easy on knives and suitable for all foods. They also look great which is why they pop up on so many TV shows.
our cutting chopping boards
Fabslabs Rectangular Cutting Board Australian Made Cutting Board
The Camphor Laurel's tight grains and natural coloration make it a highly attractive cutting board timber, both for aesthetic and durability purposes.
The natural oils in this tropical wood allow it to repel moisture, warping and microbes.
Fabslabs Irregular Cutting Boards Australian Made Cutting Boards
Camphor Laurel is the naturally and permanently anti bacterial timber we use for our cutting and chopping boards. It has been university tested by microbiologist Dr Dean Cliver and Alan Waterson.
Fabslabs Rounded Rectangular Cutting Board Australian Made Cutting Board
Our individually handcrafted timber cutting boards are unique in colour, grain and character and make a wonderful gift for all occasions. We also do bulk orders for restaurants. If you would like to become a retail stockist contact us for wholesale prices.
Fabslabs Solid Timber Cutting Boards Australian Made Cutting Boards
Timber cutting boards from Fab Slabs are made from a single piece of timber and are not laminated like other timber cutting boards on the market.