Fab Slabs timber slabs for your home or business
Select our timber slabs?
How does Fab Slabs select our timber slabs?
- It all starts with the milling. We carefully turn the log so that we can optimise the natural features and character of each slab as it is milled.
- After each timber slab is kiln dried over a period of up to 4 months to a stable moisture content it is then stored under cover until it is selected for the right customer for the right job.
- When a client first comes to us we listen to what they need and what they like.
- Timber slabs are chosen is consultation with the client and are chosen based on
• What is going to look great
• Colours to suit existing décor, furniture and or theme.
• Durabilty - especially for high traffic areas such as kitchen benches and serveries
• Character and feature
• The amount of light in the room. Darker rooms sometimes need lighter timbers to brighten them up and lighter rooms often suit darker benches.
• The style of each house, room, restaurant or café.
- Having already milled, dried and carefully stacked each slab we know which timber slabs are going to appeal to each client and each specific job.
Having done this for many years and being skilled timber craftsmen, Rick and Paul at Fab Slabs can help you choose and incorporate the richness of timber slabs in your home or business.
- Blue Gum
- Camphor Laurel
- Lemon scented Gum
- Rose gum
- White Gum
- Brush Box
- Silky Oak
- Grey Gum
- Jarrah - We import this from Western Australia